Teacup Yorkie The Real Information, You Can’t Afford to Miss
Teacup Yorkie; the cutest dog ever.
Many people like fluffy and cute pets. So, Teacup Yorkie is a pet like that. Although the Teacup Yorkies are small in size, you need to have special attention and care to them. Due to a number of complications that may arise due to the small size of them. If you have plenty of time and patience to handle it is worth adopting because they are adorable companions!
How much does a Teacup Yorkie weigh?
At birth, the Teacup Yorkies weigh around 4 lbs (1.8kg). After one year, that means once they reach the adult age, they will weigh their full size. On average, they have a weight of 7 lbs (3.1 kg). Imagine such small sizes of dogs. We know that you will love these adorable Teacup Yorkies.
How do the breeders produce so many small dogs?
As these Teacup Yorkies are very small in size, they have to undergo several medical procedures. Many of the Teacup sized dogs have occurred naturally. Some intentionally use two undersized breeders to produce the Teacup Yorkies. Anyhow this is a bit risky business because the mother can only bear 2 puppies at a time. And more than two puppies will be dangerous.
Tips to take care of your Teacup Yorkie
As we have mentioned above, the Teacup Yorkies need special attention and care rather than the other dogs. Therefore here we are giving you some pieces of advice to keep you in the correct path.
- Within the first two weeks, you need to monitor the Teacup Yorkie thoroughly. You must keep an eye on how often he plays and eats. And also how many times he goes to the toilet. Normally the Teacup Yorkies suffer from hypoglycemia, so the above changes will be seen.
- Once you bring up a Teacup Yorkie, you must not allow him to stay in you r house. Make him a separate place where there is enough warmth and comfort. So, then they will not get overwhelmed and quickly get adapted to the new surroundings.
- Although we play with other dogs on the furniture, you must not allow the Teacup Yorkie to play with such things. It is like this, you must not allow him or her to jump from the furniture to the ground. Because their bones are fragile, they can break up easily. In addition to that, you must prepare the Teacup Yorkie a cozy bed, where he himself can get in and out of the bed.
Teacup Yorkie Breed
- Another paramount important thing about Teacup Yorkies is, always we have to remember that they are very incredibly small. Without our consent, we might kick them when they run. And they also might easily trip over and cause major accidents. So, if you have a small kid at home you must be very careful.
- Now, this is another most important thing that we should care about a lot. What do you think this would be? Just think a bit about what it is. It is something we all love to, but the dog naturally neglects at first. Bathing! Almost all the people are fond of this activity, especially the kids. So this cute Teacup Yorkie might refuse to bath at first because he is too afraid. Anyhow, once he gets addicted to it, he will run into water. But there are some minor rules to follow on the Teacup Yorkies bathing. If the Teacup Yorkie is between the ages of 4 to 8 weeks you must say no to bathing. Instead of that wipe the dog with a baby wipe or a damp towel. Once you finish washing dry him thoroughly. Normally they are subjected to cold quickly. So be careful!
- The other most prevalent problem of dogs is the shedding. Most often dogs shed and become ugly as they reach a certain age. But in Teacup Yorkies it is totally different. The Teacup Yorkies hardly shed. Although they become old they will not shed. This is a good feature on them.
How to feed the Teacup Yorkies?
Keep in mind that the Teacup Yorkies should have their meals every 3 to 4 hours. And it is compulsory. If not they will not maintain a hygienic body. The guardian must also be conscious of the meals very well. As they are very tiny the Teacup Yorkies require massive portions that contain all the proteins.
Once the Teacup Yorkie, you do not have to disturb his sleep to feed him in the late night. It is more than enough when he eats before his sleep and in the morning. So the meals in the night and morning are very essential.
Generally, these Teacup Yorkies suffer from low blood sugar levels. Therefore every time she an eye on him that the Teacup Yorkie should never ever skip a meal. But if he is lacking from appetite, as soon as possible consult your dog to a vet. If you do not treat him properly the results will be fatal.
Do you know that the Teacup Yorkies require 40 calories per pound when considered with their body weight?so you must have thorough knowledge when selecting his food. The first and foremost thing is completing his dietary requirements. Furthermore, the Teacup Yorkies are prone to liver shunts and sensitive stomachs, so this will again change the selection of food according to their health and comfort.
Are the Teacup Yorkies healthy?
Unfortunately, Teacup Yorkies have some issues with their health conditions. Better if you identify their symptoms earlier and try to cure theme diseases they suffer from are Hypoglycaemiawhich is also known as low blood sugar. The other is Collapsed Trachea which causes chronic coughing. The other symptoms that come from this is blue colored gums pass, difficulty in breathing and wretching.
The other disease the relevant Teacup Yorkie suffers is the Legg-Calve-Perthes Disease.it is something which is caused in the back leg, it also causes inflammation and discomfort in the hip joint as well.
Usually, he Teacup Yorkies live for around 12-15 years. As they are very small in size and with the health conditions they might have a lifespan of 9-14 years.